Unknown gunmen in the Philippines have shot dead a radio reporter in what may be the latest in a string of targeted attacks against journalists in the country.
Police said on Monday that the victim, identified as Jose Bernardo, had been repeatedly shot Saturday night by a gunman in Quezon City in Metro Manila, the National Capital Region of the Philippines, police said.
The gunman and an accomplice waiting on a motorcycle fled the scene of the shooting, which also saw another civilian wounded.
Police said the motive for the killing is unknown but Bernardo’s job as a journalist could be a reason.
Four journalists were slain in the Philippines in August and September, according to media rights monitors.
Since June 2010, 28 journalists have been killed in the Asian county.